Valentine’s Day is a Western tradition that celebrates love. Inspired by the real life of a Christian Saint, St. Valentine’s Day was originally celebrated as a feast day of love for one another.
It’s a wonderful time to think about your romantic relationship and to take stock about some of the indicators that signify something’s wrong.
Talking about your relationship together is the best way to ensure that your love remains strongly romantic over the course of your marriage!
Some common indictors that your romantic relationship is headed for trouble may include the following:
- Withholding sexually intimacy as punishment for something unrelated to the bedroom
- Allowing one or more of your children to invade the “marital” bed for years without setting appropriate boundaries for privacy
- Failing to create healthy and fun sex that you both enjoy each time
- Paying more attention to someone your spouse would be upset knowing that you did spend so much time with
- Fantasizing romantically about someone other than your spouse on a regular basis
- Losing interest in what your partner has to say
- Feeling less attracted to your spouse
- Having little to no sex
- Ridiculing your partner’s vulnerabilities
- Failing to apologize when you have said or done something that hurts your partner’s feelings
- Engaging in sexual or emotional infidelity
Couples counselling is usually an excellent way to begin your journey of healing. Waiting until your marriage is in crisis may be late, but not a disaster. Many marriages survive infidelity, economic hardship, health problems, family crises, and poor decisions.
The key to keeping your marriage fun, alive, and supportive is respectful communication both in and outside the bedroom.
Monogamy is cool & fun!
Take advantage of Valentine’s Day this year, and spruce things up! Being romantic does not have to be costly to be really hot and satisfying.
Invest your energy in the one you love, and enjoy the love that grows in turn. Sunny dispositions deserve to shine!
#counselling #truelove #lastinglove #healthy #heal #enjoy